Let's follow up this discussion at the Neptune Community

(this forum will be kept in read-only mode)

Licensing / Costs?

Hi guys,

first of all, I LOVE your framework, it's awesome!

But I have one question: in the final version, will the Neptune Software Suite for SAP need to be purchased both by the developer and every customer running a Neptune Application? Or will the Neptune Suit ship with future SAP releases?

I hope my question is clear.

All the best,

Klaus

1 person has this question

Hi Klaus,

Thank you for the feedback.

Our trial version is free of charge. And only productive use is licensed. This means that developers do not need any License. A customer who uses Neptune in the productive environment needs a license for the users of the apps or desktop solutions. 

The licenses are however fairly inexpensive and should be affordable for your clients.

2.1 final release is out, and you can download it from our download page.

We are not an SAP company so you will need to install the add-on separately.The Neptune Application Designer is however a SAP certified solution.

Hope this answered your questions,

Best Regards,

Njål Stabell

Alright, thanks!

Neptune Software is very interesting and feel useful and make ABAPER's life happy.How to get the details of Cost for the license?Are you guys come onsite for inital demo?

Hi Aneel

Thank you for the nice feedback on Neptune. 

I think you got an eMail from Andreas reqarding prices and meeting. 

Hi Guys,

I have been following the development of the framework till this stage really closely, and I have to say its extremely impressive! Thanks for the awesome work.

HOWEVER, I have a couple of questions. 1. I am currently using your trial version to develop and learn. Would I not be able to move my apps built in a developer environment across systems in the SAP landscape without getting a license?

2. Could you please provide me details on your licensing and costs? I guess what I am asking is, how does it work if we want to use NAD to develop applications and use internally

Dear Team,

I feel it is most impressive framework in SAP UI side. Congrats team.
I have few queries. could you please provide me details.

We are  currently using your trial version to develop and learn. we are planning to move our apps built in a developer environment across systems in the SAP landscape with license version.

Could you please provide me details on your licensing and costs? Please provide details as soon as possible.?

Hi

Thank you for great feedback. 

I will have our sales department to send you an email. We will also in short time publish our price list on our website. 

Regards

Ole Andre

Team, I have a question. If Neptune application can be converted to a SAPUI5 application, will that mean that we can treat it as if it was created using java script and html5? Will customers be able to deploy it to their Gateway server, for example, as a normal SAPUI5 application without any license? In another word, how would you know that the application was developed originally using Neptune and not, say, Eclipse or SAP web ide?

Hi Salah

To run a Neptune created app, exported to WebIDE, it needs Neptune UX Platform in the backend SAP landscape. And thus a Neptune license. 

The idea behind the export, is to use SAP Cloud Platform (Portal) as the frontend server for your end-users. SAP Cloud Platform provides you with Enterprise Grade Security and an 100% available frontend server. You can select to run SAP Launchpad or Neptune Launchpad from SCP. All backend data fetching is done from Neptune UX Platform. 

Regards

Ole Andre 

Login or Signup to post a comment