Start a new topic
Answered

Dynamic form selection

Hi,

Here I have two select options in my form. My requirement is that  values in second selection should change as per the option selected in the first. Could you please let me know how can i achieve this?

Note:- The values should come from SAP database. 

Thanks,

Chandrasen

Best Answer

Hi Chandu

For the JQM framework: Please use Link Ajax. Put the select into a DIV and on the event "Change" for the first select trigger the Link Ajax component by javascript function: reload<Link Ajax Name>(). In the attribute Tab for the select, click on Custom and add: onChange="reloadDistrChannel()" (if the name of the Link Ajax is DistrChannel)

The Link Ajax component will then trigger and updating the HTML for the DIV with the second Select.

Regards

Ole Andre 

Answer

Hi Chandu

For the JQM framework: Please use Link Ajax. Put the select into a DIV and on the event "Change" for the first select trigger the Link Ajax component by javascript function: reload<Link Ajax Name>(). In the attribute Tab for the select, click on Custom and add: onChange="reloadDistrChannel()" (if the name of the Link Ajax is DistrChannel)

The Link Ajax component will then trigger and updating the HTML for the DIV with the second Select.

Regards

Ole Andre 

Hi Ole Andre,

Could you please explain in detail where the DistrChannel() (in above example) is written and how it is called.

Is that function is triggered directly in HANDLE_ON_AJAX method in my Class when it is written in onChange event of the select. How should be javascript for this?

Thanks,

Chandrasen

Great !!! Thanks Andre :)

Thanks,

Chandrasen

Login or Signup to post a comment