Let's follow up this discussion at the Neptune Community

(this forum will be kept in read-only mode)

Table column editable

Hi,

Kindly help in creating the table column editable. I would like to create a desktop application where I would like to have the table columns editable as a sales order/purchase order.

Thanks and Regards,

Ashok Dhayalaraj

Hi

Using the sap.ui.commons.Table and Column, you need to use an Input Field as the child to the Column. Then you can edit the data and possible to send it back to SAP for Update.

Regards

Ole Andre

Hi Ole Andre,

Thanks for the update. I am attaching the screenshot of my development. I am still getting a display only. Kindly help.

Thanks and Regards,

Ashok Dhayalaraj

docx

Hi Ashok

The table do not have any data and that's why you can't edit in the table. If you create som empty lines from the application class and send it to the table, you will be able to edit.

Regards

Ole Andre

Hi Ole Andre,

Thanks a lot for the update.

Thanks and Regards,

Ashok Dhayalaraj

Hi Ole Andre,

I was able to make the columns editable. I have now made one of the fields as a value help field inside the table(Material number), connected to search help MAT1. Now when I select a value in the search help, it does not show up in the table. But, I have a customer no which is also tied to a search help, but not part of the table, and when I select the value, it correctly shows in the screen. Kindly guide me in this process.

Thanks and Regards,

Ashok Dhayalaraj

Hi Ashok

The Search Help will not work inside a table. We work on a better solution for using search help inside Table object. 

Using the search help as a "normal" field will work as intended.

Regards

Ole Andre

Hi Ole Andre,

Thanks a lot.

Thanks and Regards,

Ashok Dhayalaraj

Login or Signup to post a comment