Let's follow up this discussion at the Neptune Community

(this forum will be kept in read-only mode)

Image display on Mobile Device

Hi,

In the Neptune Designer, I have placed an image (sap.m -> SimpleControls -> Image) in the middle position of a bar. It displays fine when I Run in Browser/Run in Wrapper but doesn't appear when I try to view it from a mobile device eg. iPhone.

Does anyone know how to have an image displayed on a mobile device?

thanks

Jason

Hi Jason

In NAD 3.0 and on a mobile App we expect the URL to be an internal URL. If you upload the Image into the MIME Object in NAD and set the relative URL as you have in MIME Preview, all will work fine. Or you can use binding and bind the URL to a structure and it will be visible. 

In NAD 3.1 it will also be possible to use external image URL in the mobile App.

Regards

Ole Andre 

2 people like this
I should clarify, the image displays successfully on the safari browser on my mobile device (iPhone 5s) but doesn't display on the NeptuneClient app on my mobile device.

thanks
Jason

Hi Ole-Andre,

Thanks for your reply. In the src property of sap.m.Image, I'm referencing URL:

http://www.harmsconsulting.com/images/harmsc/HClogo.jpg

which I believe is a publicly accessible URL but for some reason it doesn't display in the NeptuneClient on my mobile (iPhone 5s). Any ideas?

thanks
Jason

Hi Ole, Thanks for your reply. The URL I'm referencing for my sap.m.Image src is: http://www.harmsconsulting.com/images/harmsc/HClogo.png I would have thought this URL was publicly accessible but I can't seem to get it displaying in the NeptuneClient app? Jason

Hi Jason

Using images on your mobile App is quite different from the browser. The relative URL is actually pointing to your mobile File area and not the SAP Server. But, the sap.m.Image should render the image as imagedata, base64 encoded and embedded into the HTML5 document. 

What URL are you using for the image source ?

Regards

Ole Andre 

That's brilliant! Thanks so much Ole Andre, the solution you suggested worked, when I loaded the image to the MIME repository and referenced it from there the image appeared in the mobile App.

Thank you!

Login or Signup to post a comment