Let's follow up this discussion at the Neptune Community

(this forum will be kept in read-only mode)

Barcode Scanner in neptune based application

Hi All,

I am making one application in which we have  some input field which needs to be filled once the bar-code is scanned with the bar-code scanner device . How can we approach this functionality . Please suggest me and help me to reach this scenario. 

Regards

Ashutosh

Hi Ashutosh

You can achieve barcode scanning basically with two different option:

1) Using your device camera, for low frequent scanning. The Javascript for how to process it is on our javascript helpers, right click->phonegap->barcode->plugins->barcodescanner

2) Using your device scanner, like Motorola MC40,TC55,TC70,TC75. Then your applications needs focus on the input field, press scan and you are done. Extra handling can be achieved by using change event on the input field.

Regards

Ole Andre 

Hi Andre , 

Thanks for the quick reply can you please elaborate or if you have any test application so that i can achieve the requirement . 

Regards

Ashutosh

Hi Ashutosh

If you install Neptune Client on your device you can start the inventory count application and use the barcodescanner. The Neptune Client is found in App Store, Microsoft Store and Google Play.

Regards

Ole Andre 

Hi Ole,

regarding Option 2 as described above

("..2) Using your device scanner, like Motorola MC40,TC55,TC70,TC75. Then your applications needs focus on the input field, press scan and you are done. Extra handling can be achieved by using change event on the input field.")

Could you please specify how this device specific laserscanner Input field can be used during development in NAD?

Or will this laserscanner use the camera plug-in ??

Regards

Ralf

Hi Ralf

The normal scanning with the laserscanner is keyboard entry, meaning the input from the scan will input directly into your input field. No plugin or javascript required. 

It uses the laserscanner and not the camera. The built in scanner on the Motorola devices is much faster than the camera.

Regards

Ole Andre 

That's done .. Thanks Andre . 

Regards

Ashutosh

Login or Signup to post a comment