Let's follow up this discussion at the Neptune Community

(this forum will be kept in read-only mode)

Create a PDF Document and print or Print with a Print Option(Button)

Hi,

i have to print a completed page in the App. ( that means, there are textboxes, textfields, radio buttons and images on a site, which must be filled in) This site i have to print with all the details.

Is it possible to create a pdf document with this fields and images which i can print?

Or is it possible with a printing function (with a button) to print the completed site of the app ?

Thanks & Regards 

Michael

Hi Michael

Is it an Online app with possibilities to print from SAP ?  ( recommended scenario )

Creating a PDF document from your Application is possible, but then a lot of javascript. It have been done in 3-4 projects so if it is required I can set you in contact with some of them. 

Regards

Ole Andre 

Hi Ole Andre,

yes it's a online App. After save the entries, the Data are in SAP (saved in a Table). 

Isn't there a funcion when i click on a button i can get the printoptions like in the picture on the iPad where i can choose the printer and then print the site as in safari for example ?

Regards

Michael

Hi Michael

Client side printing is doable, but you are back to a lot of development. You can use a plugin to iOS and use AirPrint, generated the PDF in SAP and send to the client for printing. Fink-IT have done this solution at a customer, but with a lot of research to make it happen. Will also only print to printers with AirPrint support.

If the printer is connected to SAP i would still recommend this approach. Generate the PDF in SAP and send from SAP to the printer. The printing can be started from your App, but the handling is on the SAP side.

Regards

Ole Andre 

Hi Ole Andre,

thank you for your idea. It was very helpful.

I choose the way with generate a PDF in SAP and send it to a printer.

Regards

Michael

Login or Signup to post a comment