Let's follow up this discussion at the Neptune Community

(this forum will be kept in read-only mode)

Restrict access by URL

Hi,

Is it possible in NAM or some other method to restrict access to specific URLs of an application? We use NAM policies for restriction by role but would like more control over which users can access a specific URL for a given application. Is this possible with Neptune?

Regards

Phillip

Hi Phillip Parkinson,

sorry for the late reply.

If policies in NAM are not sufficient this probably needs custom code with dedicated checks in the application class.

Still, I'm not sure if I understand your requirements 100% correctly. In general one app does not have several URLs, could you provide more details on that?

Thanks & best regards!

Christoph

Hi Christoph,

I haven't found a way to achieve this as yet. I take it then that this is currently not possible with Neptune?

Regards
Phillip

Hi Christopher,

Thanks for the info. We are using that method at the moment.
What i would like to do is restrict access to different URLs within the same application for specific users, so essentially a more fine grained access control.
An application may have more than one URL for different pages and i would like to restrict access to certain pages by URL for specific users. Is this possible?

Regards
Phillip

Hi Phillip Parkinson,

In NAM you can assign policy to the App itself. "Assign policy to Application". That will block access to the App using URL or ajax requests from the App.

Best regards

Christoph

Login or Signup to post a comment