Let's follow up this discussion at the Neptune Community

(this forum will be kept in read-only mode)
Solved

Handling short dumps

What is the best way to handle short dumps? If the user tries to do a posting from the app and it short dumps in the back end then nothing happens. If the short dump occurs I would like to display an error message to the user e.g. "Something went wrong. Please contact your system admin to check ST22". How to achieve this?

Thank you,

Radek

You are welcome, Radek.

Hi Julian,

OK that solves my problem. I will just trigger the message on ajaxError.

Thank you for your help.

Radek 

Hi Radek,

In the case of a dump, ajaxError event should also be triggered when the app is run inside the launchpad.

Just as a quick test, if in your ajaxError event, you write a: console.log("Ajax Error triggered");

On Chrome developer console (F12),  you should get something like the following, don't you?

Also, while using the launchpad and triggering the dump, how does the network call that fails look like? (in the Network tab)

Thanks and regards,

Julian

Hi Julian,

This is correct. But for me it only happens when I run the app directly. If I run it through the launchpad then I am not getting the 500 status error. Is there something I need to enable?

Also is there a way to overwrite the 500 status message?

Thanks,

Radek

Hi Radek,

When a short dump occurs in the Abap class, you will get a 500 status (Internal Error) and the ajaxError will be triggered. 

There you could show an error to the user asking to check ST22 in SAP.

Kind regards,

Julian

Login or Signup to post a comment