Let's follow up this discussion at the Neptune Community

(this forum will be kept in read-only mode)

Substitution in HCM leave approval

Hi,

we are looking into the leave request/approve apps as alternative to SAP ESS/MMS functions based on Webdynpro/ABAP.
After installation of the Neptune sample apps we miss one crucial functionality regarding delegating to substitutes in MSS.
A manager should be able to create and maintain substitutes. The substitutes should be able to see and work on the leave requests of persons which are leaded by the manager.

Is there anything availlable or planned in Neptune App Store?
Any other hint how we can configure this in backend HCM and deploy it to Neptune via application class is appreciated, so that we can built our own App.

Thanks and Regards
Michael

Hi Julian,

may be but I am thinking about another solution which I'm going to implement by myself.
We intend to use approval scenario without workitems.
Our setup will be based on backend transaction RMPS_SET_SUBSTITUTE.
This solution creates entries in table HRUS_D2.
In the manager App we'll have the option to assign substitutes and create these entries in the backend. The approver app will also read the items which someone is currently the substitute for.
I can share it when done.

Kind Regards
Michael

Thanks Martin for reporting the broken link.  It is fixed now.

Michael: a Workflow Inbox app will be published in the near future (July).  Maybe you find it useful for the scenario you describe.

1 person likes this

The link to this app under "Try Me" in Neptune explored points to the "leave request manage" app instead of "leave request approval". Thanks for having a look :)

Login or Signup to post a comment