Let's follow up this discussion at the Neptune Community

(this forum will be kept in read-only mode)

Call Crm App from ECC bundle

Hi

I developed an offline test app in CRM and have configured the CRM Application to be launched from our ECC bundle app.  I created a new role based menu item and I used an external url for this in the action config.

I remember seeing on a presentation that I could now use this application offline using UX 4.0 from my ECC App but I can't get this to work.

When I go offline the Crm Application tile is greyed out and has some text that says its "not loaded".

Any pointers on this, I couldn't find any documentation on external apps

Thanks

Darren 

Hi Darren,

Another approach could be the following:

1 - Export your CRM app from the CRM system (only the UI, not the ABAP Class).

2 - Import the app (from step1) into your ECC system.

3 - In NAD, ECC system, change the RFC destination of the imported CRM app to point to the CRM server where the ABAP Class is.

4 - In NAM, change the CRM App tile action to open the recently imported App  (instead of using URL).

Hope I am clear enough, otherwise please let me know.

Have a nice day,

Julian

Thanks again Julian, that approach makes sense.

Do you have an export / import tool ? How do I achieve this ?

Also, is there a way to set the rfc destination from code as our CRM system has different destinations in our dev, qas and production systems.

Thanks

Darren

You are welcome, Darren.

You will find Import / Export  in Neptune Application Designer: 

Unfortunately, there is now easy dinamyc way of setting the RFC destination :(

The RFC Destination is stored in table /NEPTUNE/APP   RFCDEST field.   (Key is APPLID = name of your app).

Maybe having a short ABAP report that updates the correct table value according to the system-id ? (and running it in QAS, and PROD)

Kind regards,

Julian

Perfect Julian

Thanks for your help on this

Login or Signup to post a comment