Let's follow up this discussion at the Neptune Community
(this forum will be kept in read-only mode)
Hello everybody I would like to share my wishes in the hope it might appear in the next releases:
1) Please change the entry screen for NAD that the App Name will be proposed(GPA,SPA)
Now the big ones:
2) The nature of our App Development is handling extrem large volumes and very dynamic data.
I have (today) 35 Metric for a single Object which means I have 35 fields in a table row. The table has up to 10.000 entries.
We have a search engine which will show 35 Metrics to select from (normally 2-3 Metrics) and than we initiate a search on the 10.000 entries and we will get a small result List in most of the cases.
Now I would like to show only the fields requested by the search and set all other fields invisible. Without this the rendering of the page is very slow because the row has 40+ fields per row.
Some screen shots:
I only selected one Metric.
The first 5 Fields are always fixed but after that I am having the 35 Metrics per row and I only need the red framed row.
3) Furthermore it would be extremely helpful to have some of Neptune´s Functions available in terms of formatting:
4) Having the ability (Native) to convert List/Table Outputs in to an Excel Inplace or Download( Like Smart Tables in Fiori)
5) Print or Report Capabilities
6) I do believe the way you treat Transport Orders (CTS) is not entirely correct when copying Apps in the NAD.
We will run into problems at customers who have large system landscapes and have very strict naming conventions.
I believe that ALL your Core Apps (GOS Services, etc..) should be in the /NEPTUNE/ Namespace. So when ever I export and Import an App I am sure I will not overwrite any customer Namespace.
In the other case I always have to copy your App and Application Class into a new Z* or Y* or /..../ Namespace and I will loose the updates by Neptune for these Apps.
It might be also helpful to offer the possibility to replace the ZUI_... with whatever the customer requires as a namespace. This requires of course that all the objects (Tables, structures, fields) are either defined by TYPES or are in the Neptune Namespace.
So that´s it
I hope I can help to get a great Procduct even better
Thank you for the wish list. I will try to answer what can be answered directly:
1) This is not possible, since the requirement is to insert a new Parameter Value into SAP Standard table, and this is not supported by certified SAP Add-Ons. I would also love to have this.
3) I need a bit more explanation on this topic. Where do you want the formatting ?
5) Printing from the browser is usually triggered by window.print(); method. The normal issue with this approach is the formatting on printer, having to many UI controls on the print. You have an option to recreate the print screen in HTML/CSS, front-end printing - or use print functionality from SAP / in combination with PDF generation if required.
6) Not sure I understand the issue here. When we coopy an App ( from NAD ) - we do popup for a transport request for you to select or create. Can you explain more ?
7) Our apps from Neptune UX Platform core are in /NEPTUNE* namespace or NEPTUNE* namespace. The apps from the AppStore is in the namespace ZUX_NAD* for the App and ZCL_NAD* for the Class. You should not be able to overwrite your own Apps by importing from Neptune AppStore. As long as you do not use these namespaces. The idea of changing name of the Apps before importing from AppStore is ok, but then we will not know the "Original" app and thus check if there is an updated version in our AppStore.
We can also schedule a websession to discuss further. Appreciate your feedbacks and your support :-)
Ole Andre Haugen