Let's follow up this discussion at the Neptune Community

(this forum will be kept in read-only mode)

Where do you recommend putting global scripts?

In the designer I have noticed that some developers add their scripts in the area to the left called "</> Global Script" while others add a "PageHidden" page inside there HTML5 Document and add a script code object under it and put there code there.

What is your recommendation on this?

------------------------

Hi Tony,

this is a very good question.  Actually, you can put global scripts in both places.  

I prefer using a script code object inside PageHidden (or any other page) because:

•  I do not have to navigate out of NAD's main screen (I can still see the tree and the object names while I code).
  •  I can copy and paste the whole component, or even disable it.

blob1477380663963.png     blob1477380601585.png

Would you mind if I convert your question into a forum topic ?  It would be nice to read also other opinions :)

Have a nice week! kind regards,
Julian
Have you checked out Neptune Explored? Samples, Videos & Documentation www.neptune-software.com/explored

------------------------

Sure add it to the forum as a topic and thank you for your answer.

Thanks,
Tony Sullivan
402-472-7654

From: Neptune Software [mailto:support@neptunesoftware.freshdesk.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2016 2:33 AM
To: Tony Sullivan <tsullivan@nebraska.edu>
Subject: Re: [#1971] Where do you recommend putting global scripts?

Hi Tony,

this is a very good question.  Actually, you can put global scripts in both places.  

I prefer using a script code object inside PageHidden (or any other page) because:

•  I do not have to navigate out of NAD's main screen (I can still see the tree and the object names while I code).
  •  I can copy and paste the whole component, or even disable it.

blob1477380663963.png     blob1477380601585.png

Would you mind if I convert your question into a forum topic ?  It would be nice to read also other opinions :)

Have a nice week! kind regards,
Julian
Have you checked out Neptune Explored? Samples, Videos & Documentation www.neptune-software.com/explored
On Mon, 24 Oct at 7:50 PM , Tony Sullivan <tsullivan@nebraska.edu> wrote:

In the designer I have noticed that some developers add their scripts in the area to the left called "</> Global Script" while others add a "PageHidden" page inside there HTML5 Document and add a script code object under it and put there code there.

What is your recommendation on this?

------------------------

Thanks, Tony !

Kind regards,
Julian
Login or Signup to post a comment