Let's follow up this discussion at the Neptune Community

(this forum will be kept in read-only mode)

F4 Search Help for Characteristics

Dear Support

the current ValueHelp implementation supports the usage of standard SAP search help objects which is already a great feature to use.

It would be a real added value if the ValueHelp control supports the standard SAP F4 mechanism for characteristic objects as well (FM: CTMS_CHAR_VALUE_F4).

BR,

Patrick

1 person likes this idea

Hi Patrick,

thanks for your kind works, we always appreciate your feedback. :)

I think that functionality could be implemented in a separate template app for Neptune App Store, so then maintenance is easier and everyone can improve it.

Do you think this is something we can work on together ?   How would you expect the app to look like?  

Thanks and kind regards,

Julian

Hi Julian

Thank you for your fast feedback.

Whether it is an app or not I will let you (Neptune) decide. I initially have thought that you would kind of extend the current implementation of the F4 Dialog.  

Sure we can work on it together - maybe we can have a short call to discuss the collaboration approach? 

regarding the look I am not sure how to anwser this question... It should just look like the F4 search for characterisitic - a tree on the left hand side, descriptions on the right hand side... Something like this:

-S06F-JiCUOHrXUAuvUjCC03MIQGtuGKvA.png

Hi Patrick,

sure.  I will send you a private message so that we can schedule a meeting.

Thanks and kind regards,

Julian

Hi Patrick and Neptune community,

First version of the "Characteristic Values" App has been published into Neptune App Store.

If you notice anything wrong/missing, please feel free to contribute and let´s improve future versions of this app together.

More info about the app can be found here:  https://template.neptune-software.com/neptune/sdk/explored.html#doc00163EDC99661EE6B1AD746338F53450

Enjoy!  Have a nice week,

Julian

2 people like this
Login or Signup to post a comment