Let's follow up this discussion at the Neptune Community

(this forum will be kept in read-only mode)
Solved

Develop your first SAPUI5 app NAD 4.0

Hi There,

We have recently installed the trial version in our SAP SRM system and performed the necessary post installation steps. To get a feel of how the apps are developed I am following the first example mentioned in Neptune Developer Guide. The example in the guide uses table KNA1 to retrieve customer master details. I don't have this table in SRM so I changed the logic to point to BUT000.

I am stuck at the point where we link the search button to the name of the list by adding the getOnlineSearchList();, at this point the guide asks to test if the application is working after activating. I don't get the results back from the application class, I placed a break point the GETLIST method and it is not getting triggered.

I see in the developer tools of chrome that the URL is currently pointing the correct AJAX_ID and AJAX_APPLID. The AJAX_VALUE however is showing as undefined.

Can anyone help me with this issue? Why is my application class not getting triggered when I click on search?

Regards,
Chan

------------------------

Hi Chanukya,

welcome to planet Neptune!

In your abap class:  where are you placing the external break-point ?    please place it in the  HANDLE_ON_AJAX method.
The external break-point has to be placed for the same user who is running the Neptune App.

Also, please feel free to post this kind of issues in the forum section, so many other developers can help you, and also this answer help others ;)

Have a nice day, kind regards,
Julian

Neptune Explored - Samples, Videos & Documentation www.neptune-software.com/explored
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Save the date! - Neptune Summit 2017 - June 1st - Oslo, Norway

------------------------

Hi Julian,

Thanks for the quick response. You are right, the break point was not on my ID. I apologize for not putting this on the right thread. Next time I will post issues in forum section.

Thank you,
Chan

------------------------

No problem Chan,  glad you found the issue.  And once again, welcome to Neptune !

Hey,

At the beginning I'd like to say Neptune is a really great app and I see it's huge potential!

Unfortunately during e-learning on the first app I ran into situation which I can't solve it by myself. In the place where we may inspect our code in order to see if the search button works properly I got the following screen:

I was looking for the solution, however with no results.
Just fyi I use Neptune 4.0 with SP03.

Hope someone already run into similar issue and knows the solution.

Regards,

Marek

Marek,

Did you place a break point in your ABAP method and see if it is getting triggered? Place the break point in HANDLE_ON_AJAX method.

Thanks,

Chan

Mamidi,

Here are the following screens. Finally table is filled properly, so as displayed list, however in code inspector the data still is shown ambigously. 

Hi Marek,

I see that you are in the preview tab, can you navigate to the response tab? You need to scroll horizontally to view the data.

Thanks,

Chan

Login or Signup to post a comment